Do you want to know how long Invisalign takes to work so you can reap the rewards of a strong white smile? It’s a natural question that many people want to know the answer to because we all want to see results as soon as possible in life, including the need for those pearly whites to shine.
Invisalign is one of the many orthodontic treatments available to straighten your teeth. The dentist will conduct an assessment to determine whether Invisalign treatment is appropriate for you. If you’ve already had a pre-examination and booked in for Invisalign treatment, everything you need to know about how Invisalign works can be found right here.
Let’s help build your knowledge of what you can expect with Invisalign.
What Is The Invisalign Process?
Invisalign aligners are clear, transparent aligners made of BPA-thermoplastic that are used to straighten teeth and correct tooth misalignment. You’ll be expected to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours each day during treatment, but you’ll be able to remove them for the remaining 2 hours of the day when you need to eat or brush your teeth.
Because the aligner mouthpieces are custom-designed, they are moulded to fit the structure of your mouth comfortably. Traditional braces have similar effects to Invisalign, albeit braces are thought to be faster in terms of results.
Instead of having adjustable wires and brackets attached to your teeth, the Invisalign process requires you to wear a series of clear aligners throughout the treatment plan to force your teeth to gradually shift back into position.
If you’re self-conscious about your smile, however, you might want to consider Invisalign.
What Are The Steps Of Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment usually consists of five phases. The goal is to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Step 1 – Introductions and Initial Consultation – The dentist will decide whether Invisalign therapy is right for you and your willingness to stick to the treatment plan for the duration of the treatment.
- Step 2 – Treatment Plan – X-rays and imprints of your teeth will be taken by the dentist. This is so that the records may be submitted to the lab for the custom BPA-thermoplastic clear aligners to be made.
- Step 3 – Receive The Trays – The pack of aligner trays that you need to conform to throughout the treatment plan are then ready. At this stage, the dentist will provide you with additional information about using the aligner trays throughout your plan.
- Step 4 – Wearing The Aligners – The dentist will support you in wearing the aligners so you can begin to get accustomed to them. The aligners would need to be worn immediately to start the treatment.
- Step 5 – Visit The Dentist For Check-Ups – The dentist will need to monitor your progress to ensure that you’re on the right track. The dentist will also check the movement of your teeth and examine your dental health. The dentist may consider a dental clean should there be signs of dental plaque and tartar on your teeth.
How Long Until I See Results?
You should expect to see results within the first six weeks of wearing the aligners as part of your treatment.
Minor sensitivity in the teeth and gums may occur throughout treatment, but this is normal because the aligners must adjust themselves. Each aligner is expected to shift a tooth by up to .33 mm. You can expect your teeth to start moving gently. A set of aligners should normally last for two weeks before being replaced with the next set.
You must wear the aligners for at least 22 hours every day or according to the treatment plan your dentist has devised for you.
Are you ready for a smile transformation? Get in touch with your local dentist for Invisalign treatment today!