Facial aesthetics comprises of Botox and Dermal Fillers which is now a common form of treatment within modern dentistry. Whilst this might seem confusing, there are actually many hidden benefits to your smile. Today, dentists must learn to incorporate facial aesthetics into current dentistry practice.
What Is Facial Aesthetics?
Facial aesthetics is considered a progressive form of dentistry that improves the look and feel of your smile. It is a simple but effective non-surgical treatment that helps to smooth out lines between eyebrows and lips. If you suffer from certain oral conditions such as teeth grinding or jaw strain due to an abnormal bite, facial aesthetics help to treat these conditions. When using Dermal Fillers, they are used to enhance the volume of skin to provide a more youthful appearance.
Treatments Used In Facial Aesthetics
As part of treatment, Dermal Fillers uses a body substance called hyaluronic acid which helps improve the volume of skin to avoid ageing. Results are immediate and long-lasting leading to improved confidence in your appearance and smile. Botox injections are also used for treatment and are usually administered to treat brow lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles in the appropriate facial muscle areas.
The Benefits of Facial Aesthetics
Apart from an upgrade to your oral appearance, here are some other benefits you can enjoy with facial aesthetic dentistry:
- It Tackles Ageing – Whilst we may be ageing on the inside, its something that can be controlled to an extent on the outside. Facial aesthetics delivers a more youthful appearance by removing contours and wrinkles that appear.
- Treatment Is Less Invasive – The best thing about facial aesthetics is that there’s no aftercare treatment necessary and zero pain post-treatment. Leave the clinic and immediately show off your flawless, youthful look.
- The Treatment Is Safe – Facial aesthetic treatment is safe and highly effective. Whilst there may be a chance of swelling or tenderness around the affected area, you should expect to resume normal life activities straight away. Any side effects are minimal.
- Treatment Time Is Short – Facial aesthetics only takes between 30 and 60 minutes of your time.
- It Treats Bruxism – Teeth Grinding is a common issue amongst many people, which involves grinding teeth at night whilst sleeping, leading to wear-and-tear. Because dentists have an understanding of the mouth structure, they can administer toxin treatment to the muscles to allow for effective dental treatment, and to protect teeth.
Do you suffer from Bruxism? Read here on the five benefits in wearing a dental mouth guard at night
If you’re concerned about your facial appearance, dentists are now well-equipped and experienced to perform facial treatments to transform your appearance and smile. Facial aesthetics is a natural progression to make you feel confident about your appearance. Bruxism is also common, and facial aesthetics help to limit grinding in teeth to restore sleep quality.
Wahroonga Dental Group is prepared to deliver the youthful appearance you’ve been looking for. Contact us here to book your appointment with us!