A dental crown is a solution option for many dental treatments. Whilst many patients have heard about a dental crown and what it entails, some are unsure on the effectiveness of crowns and how it benefits oral health.
A dental crown is a custom-developed cap that offers protection around a tooth. Crowns are considered a perfect seal after a form of treatment is completed. Dental crowns can offer many benefits and the dentist can recommend crowns for many dental reasons. We have picked out the main five benefits of dental crowns.
The Five Benefits
- It Protects Natural Teeth And Implants – A dental implant is considered a natural replacement for missing teeth. There are two definitions of a crown for implants.
- Once the implant is infused into the jawbone, a dental crown is placed on top of the screw which acts as the prosthetic tooth.
- Once treatment is completed, a crown cap is placed around the implant to provide further protection.
A crown acts as a shield to make sure your teeth stay healthy.
- It Improves Your Bite – A new crown helps to restore the ability to chew. When biting down on food, the crown will protect your natural teeth from food getting stuck. Crowns are also beneficial for misshapen or chipped teeth.
- They Support Tooth Structure – Dental crowns are usually used for restorative treatments. However, there are many cosmetic benefits. A crown fits over the tooth which protects the tooth from discoloration, stains, crooked teeth, chips, cracks, fractures and more. Consider a crown of a protective layer to maintain a shiny appearance on your teeth.
- It Can Last For Years – To enhance the longevity of a dental crown, follow natural oral health habits such as brushing and flossing twice a day and avoid using teeth to open materials such as packaging or bottles. Looking after your crown means they can last a lifetime.
- It Is A Flexible Form Of Treatment – A dental crown can address many dental concerns. For example, if your tooth can’t be saved or is about to fall out, a crown can be used to protect cosmetic treatments such as root canals or dental bridges.
Is your dental crown broken? Read here to know what to do next
Dental crowns are worthwhile for these reasons, particularly because they’re so versatile. No matter your dental concern, a crown is definitely worth considering to either protect your teeth from further damage or enhance your smile.
If you’re considering a dental crown to protect your teeth, contact Wahroonga Dental Group and let our specialist dentists protect your teeth and your smile. Contact us here now!