If you’ve just completed cosmetic dentistry treatment whether it be a fitted dental veneer, dental implants or teeth whitening treatment, the next is to look after those pearly whites so they stay nice and shiny. Once your treatment is complete, it doesn’t mean your teeth will stay white on its own. The following cosmetic dentistry aftercare guide will ensure you know all of the oral care tips to keep them white.
Here are the essential aftercare tips that you must know if you want to continue smiling with confidence.
The Essential Tips
- Avoid Colored Liquids and Drink More Water – Water is especially important to keep your teeth away from dark stains. When stains stick to your teeth, it increases the chance of cavity or bacteria forming. Along with the other wide range of health benefits drinking water provides, it keeps your teeth clean, healthy and strong.
- Maintain Positive Dental Hygiene – One of the basic responsibilities of a cosmetic patient is to maintain a strong oral routine. Your teeth stay clean and healthy for the long-term and again limits the chances of developing cavity and bacteria. Typical steps in a healthy routine are to brush and floss your teeth twice a day, develop a moderate diet with more clear solids and liquids, and regularly book yourself in for check-ups to the hygienist. If the hygienist is happy with the state of your teeth, you will have nothing to worry about.
- Use Dentist Recommended Teeth Whitening Products – There are many teeth whitening toothpaste products available at the dental practice which include special fluoride and mid abrasive formula to protect your teeth from tartar and tooth decay. The ingredients within these kinds of toothpaste are also made to solve a specific oral problem, such as dental sensitivity, reducing enamel and freshening your teeth. Obtain a recommended product from the dentist to boost your whitening results instantly. A variety of special toothpaste products are available at Hornsby dentist to suit your needs.
- Don’t Let Debris Sit On Your Teeth – This is all about making sure that you adopt a moderate diet by reducing the amount of chewy and sugary solids and liquids you consume. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite treat but be mindful of what you eat and drink. After a heavy meal, rinse out your mouth thoroughly to wash that debris away.
- Use A Mouthguard At Night – If you’re wondering why you suffer mild damage to your teeth when you wake up, it could mean you suffer from Bruxism which is grinding of the teeth at night. Whilst it is important that you get this checked out, a mouthguard is an essential solution in keeping your jaw muscles relaxed and to stop your teeth grinding together. Consult a Hornsby dentist and a ready-made product will be developed for your needs.
Cosmetic Dentistry has proven to restore your hidden confidence. Click here to find out more!
The last thing you want is to fork out money for a cosmetic procedure and for your hard-earned money to go to waste. Therefore, it is important that you follow some of the aftercare tips we have provided so that the money you’ve spent on cosmetic treatment is worth it in the long-run.